The English Comprehension and Writing course will be suitable for learners who have entered the tertiary level of education and have to study through the medium of English but are not skilled enough to meet the demands of academic reading and writing. The course will help the learners to attain the study skills necessary for studying in English. There will be a focus on reading academic texts and writing for academic purposes. The learners will also learn to effectively use written communication in a professional setting. If you want to improve your English comprehension and writing skills, this course will be a perfect choice, to begin with.
Objectives of the Course:
- Help the learners to attain the study skills necessary for studying in English by focusing on reading academic texts and writing for academic purposes.
- Helping learners to learn the effective use of written communication in a professional setting.
Course Learning Outcomes: At the end of the course, the learners will be able to,
- Identify information from reading a text by skimming and scanning.
- Apply acquired reading skills for academic and general purposes.
- Communicate effectively using written English.
Previous Experience: Learners who have completed their HSC degree.
Targeted learners: University-going students / IELTS examinees.
English Comprehension and Writing Course Benefits
- 13 lectures on different Comprehension and Writing topics.
- Self-assessment opportunity.
- Certificate upon course completion
- Opportunity to discuss problems in the course forum
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 Hour
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Purpose of Reading
- The Reading Process
- Reading for Main Ideas and Supporting Details
- Defining the Main Idea
- Skimming and Scanning
- Supporting Opinions with Evidence
- Expressing Cause and Effect Relationships
- Email Writing
- Cover Letter Writing
- Compare and Contrast Essay Writing Basics